Top 10 Signs Your Digestive System Needs Help
But without proper digestive function, you can end up deficient in crucial vitamins and minerals and your immune system can overreact to certain foods.
This can lead to a whole host of health problems.
When we think of poor digestive function – most people assume they are only at risk if they suffer from typical gut symptoms like bloating, indigestion, heartburn, or bowel changes.
But the truth is – multiple health conditions are caused by poor digestive health.
One of the guiding principles of naturopathic medicine is to treat the cause of disease. In my practice as a naturopathic physician, I treat the whole person. And the first place I usually start is in the digestive system. Or as I sometimes lovingly refer to it: the gut.
So how do you know if you are a candidate for a gut healing protocol?
Here are the top 10 signs you need gut support:
1) Digestive symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation.
2) Hormone imbalances such as PCOS, infertility, or PMS.
3) Skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea, or acne.
4) Seasonal allergies such as hayfever.
5) Respiratory concerns such as asthma.
6) Mood imbalances such as anxiety, depression, seasonal affective disorder, behavioural difficulties and ADD/ADHD in children.
7) Pain symptoms or a diagnosis of fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue.
8) A diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac Disease, Psoriasis, or Lupus.
9) A diagnosis of Candida overgrowth or sensitivity.
10) Food allergies or intolerances.
If you suffer from any of these signs or symptoms, then your digestive tract can use some loving. And never forget – when your digestion is working optimally, great health unfolds.
So how do you get a healthy gut?
It all starts with a healthy naturopathic gut protocol. Stay tuned next week and I’ll reveal how to heal your gut, once and for all.
Have you struggled with gut concerns and come up blank? Have you come up on top and connected with great health? Please share in the comments section below.